Friday, 7 April 2017

Deaf-Blind man pulled off jet flight...

EasyJet service was on the tarmac at Edinburgh airport when deaf-blind passenger Frankie Thomson was hauled off it
A DEAF-blind man was hauled off an easyJet flight after the pilot cited safety concerns. Frankie Thomson was waiting for take-off onboard the service at Edinburgh airport when he was led away after feeling a tap on the shoulder. EasyJet service was on the tarmac at Edinburgh airport when deaf-blind passenger Frankie Thomson was hauled off it.


He was later told the pilot refused to take him because he was unaccompanied. The 52-year-old, who has jetted around Europe on his own for 35 years, said: “I’ve never had any problems before.  “I could feel people watching me wondering what I’d done. I felt people were talking about me.  “I wasn’t embarrassed or anything – just confused and thinking what was going on.”  Ed Calvert, a fellow passenger on the Gatwick flight, said: “I was on this flight – felt so sorry for him!”